Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
Data Privacy Notice
This website is operated by The Fertility Medication Centre. We are committed to protecting your privacy through appropriate controls, being transparent about what data we hold and how we use it, and about respecting your privacy.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). The terms “Data Controller”, “Data Processor”, “Data Subject”, “Personal Data”, “Processing” and “Appropriate Technical and Organisational Measures” used below shall be interpreted in accordance with the GDPR.
This policy sets out the basis on which any Personal Data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Our Promise to you
We will only use your data for the purpose it is provided. We will keep it safe and never sell it to third parties. We will be clear and open about how we will collect your personal information and how we will use it. Where you have choices and rights we will explain these to you and respect your wishes.
The personal information we collect and use
a) Personal information you provide to us
- Postal Address
- Telephone number
- Clinic’s name
- Medication that you will be taking including name, dosage, dosing schedule.
An example of when we collect this information includes:
- When filling in our Request a Quote form
b) Personal information you provide about third parties
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you:
- shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data;
- shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf; and
- shall consent on their behalf to the transfer of their personal data abroad.
Your data is collected for the purpose of processing orders and transactions, responding to queries and comments and ensuring the highest level of customer service. We may also contact you in emergency situations, such as a product recall or we have a duty of care to notify you of information relating to your health. We can disclose this information if it is required by law, if you give consent or if it is justified in the public interest.
We may share your information with:
- in response to properly made requests from law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of a crime, for the purpose of safeguarding national security or when the law requires us to, such as in response to a court order or other lawful demand or powers contained in legislation;
- in response to properly made requests from regulatory bodies such as the Information Commissioners Office and Ofcom;
- as part of current or future legal proceedings; and
- with a company who is assisting us in providing services to you or who provides services to us which enable us to provide our services to you, examples of such services being medication supply and delivery, billing and financial systems, telecommunications services and customer management systems. Where we share information with other parties who provide such services, we will have contracts in place with them to ensure that they must comply with the requirements of the GDPR and any other relevant legislation to protect your information and keep it secure.
We will not share your personal information with any other 3rd parties.
We will use appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep personal data secure and to prevent it being accidentally lost, accessed or used in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure the data is accurate and up to date and will undertake to rectify any inaccuracies of which we become aware without delay. All personal data we store is stored in the European Economic Area.
Where any data breach is identified that affects the information that we hold about or have processed from you, we will take urgent action in accordance with the GDPR and guidance issued from the Information Commissioner’s Office. If you identify any data breach that affects data we have passed to you, you must notify us in writing immediately and provide full information about the data affected by this breach.
The time period that information is kept will vary depending on what the information is used for
Unless there is a specific legal requirement to the contrary, we will keep information in a form which permits identification of Data Subjects only for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which we process it. Once the requirement to hold the data is complete, appropriate measures will be taken to delete the data in line with the terms of the GDPR. Any physical paper documents which enter our possession and are no longer required will be destroyed.
Data subject access request
Under the GDPR, a Data Subject has the right to request a record of the data held about him/her. To do this a request should be submitted in writing to The Fertility Medication Centre, 1 Harley Street, London W1G 9QD.We may ask the Data Subject to provide us with proof of identity to make sure we are giving information to the right person. We will respond to all such requests within 30 days.
Other rights of Data Subject
The GDPR gives Data Subjects a number of other rights including the right to request the correction or erasure of Personal Data, the right to request the restriction of processing of Personal Data, the right to request the transfer of Personal Data (to the Data Subject or a third party), and the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time where consent is the lawful basis for processing.
Please note that the ways in which we collect, use and protect Personal Data will be reviewed periodically and may change from time to time. We will notify you by email should such changes occur.
If you have any questions about privacy issues, want us to update your marketing preferences, or amend information, please contact us either by email on email@example.com or by post at The Fertility Medication Centre, 1 Harley Street, London W1G 9QD.
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. In the first instance, please contact us using the details above. If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner about the way in which we collect and use Your Personal Data: https://www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
Our commitment to privacy
We respect your personal information and all our employees are aware of its confidential nature.
The Fertility Medication Centre Privacy and Confidentiality Policy is subject to change at any time.